Hours and Admission
The Museum is open Tuesday through Sunday, 10 am to 5 pm. The Museum is closed on New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day holidays.
During the Summer months, from Memorial Day through the week before Ballon Fiesta Weekend, the Museums are open each day from 10am-5pm, including Mondays .
The Museum of Indian Arts & Culture/Laboratory of Anthropology is a unit of the Museum of New Mexico. All four Museum of New Mexico museums—which include the Museum of International Folk Art, the New Mexico Museum of Art, and the Palace of the Governors— are open Tuesday through Sunday, 10 am to 5 pm. From Memorial Day through the week before Ballon Fiesta Weekend , the Museums are also open Mondays from 10am-5pm.
This Summer, Memorial Day through Labor Day, come and join us for FREE friday evenings at the Museum from 5pm - 8pm.
- Admission to the Museum of Indian Arts & Culture costs $6 for New Mexico residents and $9 for non-residents
- A 4-day pass for unlimited admission to the four museums in the Museum of New Mexico system can be purchased for $18 for New Mexico residents/$20 for non-residents.
- A one day pass for two museums – a combination of either the Museum of International Folk Art and the Museum of Indian Arts or the New Mexico Museum of Art and the Palace of the Governors can be purchased for $12 for New Mexico residents/$15 for non-residents.
- Group rates are available, please schedule your group visit with our education department. Guided or self-guided options are both available.
- Schedule your FREE guided school group visit by contacting our education department.
- Children 16 and under are always admitted FREE.
- Sundays are FREE for New Mexico residents with ID.
- Wednesdays are FREE for New Mexico resident seniors with ID.
- Museum members are always admitted FREE.
To become a member join the Museum of New Foundation. Membership to the museum allows the Museum of New Mexico Foundation to allocate vital resources to the Museum of Indian Arts & Culture, Museum of International Folk Art, New Mexico Museum of Art, New Mexico History Museum/Palace of the Governors and six historic monuments. Membership support enables these cultural institutions to present a variety of world-class exhibitions, public programs and other cultural offerings to you and the more than 335,000 visitors each year. With one membership, you receive benefits to all four museums and six monuments for one year including unlimited, free admission; ten percent shops discount in-store and at newmexicocreates.org and worldfolkart.org; subscription to El Palacio magazine; invitations to members-only events and more. To learn more or to join click here: http://www.museumfoundation.org/membership