MIAC/NMAI Artists in Residence Program
CALL FOR ARTISTS: MUSEUM OF INDIAN ARTS AND CULTURE
MIAC/NMAI (National Museum of the American Indian) ARTIST LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
This program is limited to four artists who will receive a stipend and per diem. Timeframe for each artist to complete their program should average about four to six weeks within grant timeline.
Timeline: February 2016 to July 2016 All fellowships for 2016 have been awarded.
- This is a call for local and regional emerging Native American artists to research early or contemporary objects in MIAC’s collections which encompass the material culture of the 19 Pueblos, Navajo (Diné), Jicarilla and Mescalero Apache, and other Southwest tribes.
- Artists will consult with and work primarily with education and collections staff on achieving their research, educational, and community goals.
- Arts management training will be provided to artists concentrating on marketing, career strategies, business, and leadership skills.
- Facilitate a community project around their artistic work.
- Video documentation of individual artist projects will be required.
For more information please contact Joyce Begay-Foss, Director of Education at 505-476-1272
Note: Artists will need to provide a letter of interest, resume and at least (4) images of their work.
Deadline: 2/26/16 or until filled. All fellowships for 2016 have been awarded.